From: "Andy Blodgett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lace@arachne.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2005 6:14 PM
Subject: [lace] Newby from Texas

> Hi,
>   My name is Andrea Blodgett.  I sign my e-mails "Andy in Texas".  I have
never tried Bobbin lace before and am just now ordering a book on how to do
it before I invest in the supplies.  A friend suggested using pencils for
bobbins and a sofa pillow.  I will be lurking for a while to see what is
hapening on this list.  Glad to be here and I am sure I will become addicted
to it as soon as I master the stitches.
>   A little about myself- - I enjoy Crazy Quilting, Lace dyeing, collecting
antique lace, embroidery, beading, sane quilting, genealogy and dollhouse
miniatures.  I am a member of Embroiders Guild of America and am treasurer
for my chapter in The Woodlands, Texas.  I am president of The Bee Crazy
club for crazy quilts and a member of another Crazy Quilt club.  I am 61,
soon to be 62 and semi retired.  I work 3 days a week at the company I
retired from in 2000 (Saudi Arabian Airlines).  As you can see my 4
remaining days of the week are taken up with many hobbies.  I often stay up
until the wee hours of the morning talking on-line.  My husband, Doug, is
also retired and his hobby is Live steam trains that you can ride on.  Our
son, Dale, age 38 is still living at home and working.