I am very cloudy myself on what they were doing in Venice/Burano between  the
great period of Gros Point and the revival. I know Levey claims that they
were making ecclesiastical lace for a while in the Gros Point/Venetian
needlelace tradition but then that the industry died out.
But Cencia Scarpariola, the elderly lace maker who was the last survivor  and
passed down the skills to the revival industry must have been making
something in her youth. What did it look like?
Devon