From: "Jane Viking Swanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "arachne" <lace@arachne.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 11:12 AM
Subject: [lace] Mary Card and dating periodicals

Hi Barbara and All,  I'm so glad you wrote to arachne and
I'm so happy to see that Lacis in the US is carrying your
books.  I've been wanting to buy them but hadn't gotten
around to ordering from Australia yet.  Do you happen to
know what category they have them in?  I looked around
on their website a little bit last night but couldn't find them.
Lacis doesn't always list things where I can find them!

I look forward to reading your thoughts on dating old pub-
lications.  In my research on Battenberg lace I run into the
same thing and there are clues if you know what to look for!

I also loved your articles in "Piecework" on Mary Card.  I'd
seen her work in the old magazines but it wasn't until we had
a discussion on arachne that I really paid attention when I saw
her name.  Too focused on my special interest <G>.  Her work
is so lovely and knowing what else was being done at the same
time gives me a broader understanding.

I would have sent this privately but I think others may be interested
in this part of our lace history too!  For anyone who deleted the
first message the title of one of Barbara Ballantyne's books is
"Mary Card: Australian Crochet Lace Designer

Jane in Vermont, USA who is heading to bed and I am not a paid advertiser
<G>.