Dear Ilske and all travelling Lacemakers,
I would like to thank Ilske for the excellent article recently published in the IOLI Bulletin. I am sorry I have taken so long to write. For those who have not seen it Ilske has given a general overview of Lace in Germany with a map and pin pointed the most important Lace centres, with short histories and details of where to find the lace today. It was interesting to be reminded of the places in Bayern which the OIDFA tour visited when the Congress was in Frankfurt. One day I would like to go to Sachsen and see the lace of the Erzgebirge. This area was still in the East when we went there. I was specially interested in the sample of lace you show from this area Ilske. I have a piece of that design and had always put it down as being from Spain. I will now go and relabel it!
Many thanks, Jean in Cleveland U.K.