I know that we cannot lock a case in the US but is it still possible to lock
your cases when returning from Europe?

I have waited at O'Hare to see my cases go through the xray machine and have
seen them opened.  In which case I definitely wait until they are finished
before going through security myself.  I have also opened my cases at the other
end on trips within the US to find the notice from the TSA to say they had been
searched.  I have also seen things on the carousel that are wrapped in plastic
but I assumed they had done that to boxes and cases that they were unable to
secure after forcing them open to be searched.

I am off to France via Heathrow/Gatwick next Friday so it is good to be up to
date with all the rules and regulations.  I thought of Tamara when she was off
to see her son as it was around the time they banned carry-on of lighters.
Could see her gasping for a fag at the end of that journey if she had to wait
to buy some matches. :-) BTW, they have to be cardboard matches that you are
allowed to carry on.

Now for lace content: I am manning a craft table at St. Johns Episcople church,
N. Wille St., in Mt. Prospect tomorrow selling lace pictures along with all
sorts of stuff from my lace guild.  If it is quiet on the sale front I will be
demonstrating lace making, all the better to push my pictures to the
non-lacemakers that will the there.  I am told I will be given the best
position by the windows.  I think I will track my time lacemaking so I can use
the demo hours for IOLI.
Janice

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA