Hi All,

I just want to add my 2 cents worth.  When I went to the UK in 1989 for
a Springett's class, I took my traveling pillow with a piece of lace on
it.  I had a 2nd roller ready to go and my bobbins in my suitcase.  When
it came class time, I swapped out the roller.  However, what I had
prepared before leaving Oz on my adventure was a small, sturdy box which
I made.  It was made out of the artists board (like my travel pillow),
and covered, with a lid.  I was able to pack the roller, with lace
attached, and bobbins secured on holders and wrapped in a dressing cloth
inside the little box which was sturdy, inside my suitcase.  Everything
survived the journey home, and no broken threads.  I haven't flown with
bobbins since 9-11.

Cheers,
Helen, Aussie in rather chilly and damp Denver