Thank you all for your help and advice . We have taken note of your thoughts, and suggestions.
Last time we travelled to the US we came home about 3 weeks before 9/11, so there were none of these hassles!

Having our cases unlocked is a worry, after some of the things that have happened here in Oz, and coming home with all the goodies I intend (hope/plan to) buying at Denver will fill a few more carry-on bags than we are allowed!!! :))
Never mind - I will tackle that problem when the time arrives!! :)

I look forward to meeting many of you in Denver.
Regards from Liz in Melbourne, Oz