From: Laurie Hughes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 01 May 2005 12:22
To: 'liz thackray'; lace@arachne.com
Subject: RE: [lace] Crazy idea

Liz, Everyone has answered this pretty thoroughly except for this part:

*How would a teenager who is addicted to computer games be kept *occupied in
*Denver and vicinity?

I have a son who CANNOT live without his computer and although he might go
to the zoo and water park, if you don't dose him with computer when you get
home he's simply a bear.....so I understand your dilemma, so here comes some
ideas...

The hotel has high speed Internet Access.  If Computer games are your son's
solace, then bring, buy or rent a laptop and get him one of those games that
you can play others online.  Everquest is a popular one and game that says
on the box, those magic words "online play" or "play against live opponents"

I'd be glad to find some rental rates.  I have a laptop...it's old...and I
won't be using it during the day and most of the night so he's welcome to
it.  Let me check to see if it attaches to the internet before you depend on
it....

A cheaper version is to visit Best Buy or some other computer game store and
play the games there....they demo them...I don't think they are full games,
but I don't know.  It might not be enough.

With the dollar as weak as it is, this idea of yours doubly splendid.  I
always think the crazy ideas are the best because you feel so deliciously
wicked and lucky and quite smart when you actually do them.

Lace in Peace (and visit us in Denver!)
Laurie