Hi Jenny and everyone

A good makeshift if you can't acquire someone else's lace design is to
work right on a drawing or copy of a photo, for instance make a narrow
tape lace outline with a filling, add a couple of extra tape lines to
define the beast, a tally for an eye, that sort of thing.

Another way, to give it dimension, work the shape in a contour fashion in
CTC putting extra twists to weavers or passives as needed to define legs,
head, use CT where you want a 'shade'

I haven't seen a bobbin lace cow - but I've got a good one of a sheep
including adding strands for its fleece, from a back issue of the IOLI
bulletin ;)

 --
bye for now
Bev in Sooke, BC (on Vancouver Island, west coast of Canada)