My solution to put bookmarks in sleeves is to starch them to the point of
being lethal weapons..they slide in very nicely then :)  If the bookmark is
made of a nice crisp linen I will assist it's passage with a bread knife
instead.  Bread knives are long and have a rounded blunt ends, very handy :)
Sharon on Vancouver Island