Hi everyone and Jane who wrote:

> Apparently, tatting in machine lace terminology means a geometric lace
(ie of bobbin lace appearance, not tatting done with a shuttle). Hence
the number of ladies of a certain generation who insist that bobbin lace
is tatting - though they are more than likely thinking of the correct
terminology they saw applied to machine made lace in shops in their
youth, than distinguishing between terms for machine and hand made lace.

Thank you for sharing this tidbit. I'm always willing to give people the
benefit of the doubt. I also think that many people who don't do thread
craft consider 'tatting' to be anything that refers to what someone does
bent to task with thread and things. In their minds it is the same.
:p

bye for now
Bev in Sooke, BC (on Vancouver Island, west coast of Canada)
Cdn. floral bobbins
www.woodhavenbobbins.com