I do enjoy seeing some of the strange things people associate with lace.
This is a "bobbin" which someone may have spangled after deciding it was a
bobbin...  or it may have actually been used by a lacemaker (who was being
resourceful?)  But it clearly wasn't originally made as a bobbin... so what
WAS it??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2219&item=7324298097

Clay

Well, I told them it wasn't a lace bobbin (and why it wasn't - no neck, no head, spangle wrong with new wire) and got the answer that they are selling for someone else and that it what they said it was and that they had to take their word for it, I rather got the impression that they would rather believe their customer than me. Hope someone doesn't buy it taking their word for what it is. Anyone else game for trying to change the sellers mind?

Amanda
Nottingham, England