YES! I think it's that too. I remember our scratch pens we were forced to
use in 4th grade and they looked much like that much simpler of course.
There was a cork "doughnut" around the "spangle" end of the "bobbin" and the
metal nibs fit into the doughnut. I NEVER got the hang of making the darn
pens work! But I was lousy in pensmenship any how. Thank goodness I didn't
live in the pre fountain pen days!

Trish in very rainy West Virginia