I need a bit of text to accompany the set of needle lace tools that I will be putting on web page; but.... I really do not have a clue about needle lace!!

Would you care to help me please?

What is needlelace?
How does it differ (if at all) from needlepoint lace?
How are the tools used?
I know about the Afficot, but what about the Lifters?
Are the round lifters used differently from the square lifters?
How is the roller used?

What about the ring sticks? The large and the small? Are they the same as Picot ?"sticks?"/Gauges????

Jean and Brian from Cooranbong, Australia