At 10:09 AM 6/15/2005, you wrote:
Can anyone advise if I am likely to find perle 5 in .......

Jenny,

We use that book for our beginners, and always use DMC Cordonnet 30. That's 20 wraps in Brenda's book. Perle 5 is 12 wraps, perle 8 is 17 wraps which is closer to what we use. Perle 5 is just too thick to give a good result. Use the Perle 8 that you have and don't panic. It is still a bit thicker than what we use most successfully.

Alice in Oregon