Fellow spiders,

I rather doubt that the bobbins are celluloid as it is a rather delicate
material and disingrates easily. You have to keep it away from light and heat.
I have some midlands style bobbins from that era that are made of Bakelite
that I got from England and Australia in very bright red, green yellow. They
used to make jewelry (1930's -1940's?) and the handles for pots and pans from
it up until 1960's or so.

Also looking forward to hearing about the Sewing Matters (aka former The
Embroidery Shop in Edinburgh, Scotland). I was in Edinburgh last October but
only on Saturday when the shop wasn't open so I didn't get there. There is
however a great lace shop just off the Royal Mile where I found some nice bone
bobbins and a nice honiton lace jabot! It isn't open on Saturdays however. No
bobbins at Edinburgh Castle or anywhere else that I asked so I had one of the
bobbin painters in England make some for me!

Trish in wonderfully cool West Virginia