As Devon wrote, there is a mass of lace for sale on Burano, all made in China
or other places with cheap labor.  There is also lots of other embroidered
items for sale.  Do go to the lace museum and if you are lucky you will hear
the needlelacers chatting in Italian.  When I visited I took a little brag book
of my lace with photos of my lace pillows and bobbins.  This got passed around
as they were curious to see lace made by another method.  Knowing no Italian
apart from the usual polite phrases that I try to brush up on on my travels I
managed to find one of the younger lacemakers who spoke some English and she
translated for me.

Also on the left hand side of the road on the way into the village from the
ferry there is a store, and I want to say that it is called "Lydias" but maybe
someone else can correct me if I am wrong, where in the back you can see hand
made Burano lace on the walls in frames.  When I asked how much, I was told I
could not afford it :-)  Through the back of the shop and up the stairs is a
private museum with lots of types of lace including bobbin lace.  Well worth a
visit if it is open.  Burano is a very colorful village to visit and the museum
worth the entry fee.  There is probably a web site for it by now.  Have a great
time.
Janice

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA