Hi everyone and Clay -

To add to the good advice given so far, I would say move before your
body tells you it's too late - intentionally get up from your pillow and
walk around. Take opportunities, for instance if the teacher calls
anyone interested over to a particular pillow for a bit of impromptu
advice, take advantage and get up ;)
Yes, have handy a bottle of water, some hard candy, a bit of fruit. Look
away from the pillow, and if possible look out a window to the horizon.
When I have been teaching crafts in the past, I would incorporate a
stretch break into the lesson; alternatively, the class would be broken into
segments - combining hands-on practice and brief 'field trips' - even to
look out the window to discuss a design point.

Unless one is otherwise confined, I think it is counterproductive to
expect lacemakers (especially of 'our' age - choose any) to sit in one
spot for long periods of time (then there are a few of us who stand to
work at their pillows... ). Jacquie, I think, mentioned removing the
wristwatch - I remember doing this, in preparation to make lace! I did
feel encumbered, if I kept it on. I don't wear a watch any more so that
isn't an issue (I look at my cell phone for the time instead. go figure!).

--
bye for now
Bev in Sooke, BC (who today had a good view of the tall ships entering