Dear Helen,

Whenever possible, I would plan to finish a ten stick by sewing it to a
previously completed section of ten stick.

 Where this is not possible, you could try throwing back a passive pair
(next to the foot edge) in a couple of rows towards the end.  Work to end,
tie off all pairs.  Cross two outer pairs beneath all threads and tie (reef
knot and a half) above.  The bundle can then be laid flat against the braid,
and the pairs previously thron back tied to hold it in place.  I would try a
sample first, to see if it works, but certainly in Honiton this is a finish
for ending a braid at a point.  I see no reason why it cannot be adapted to
ten stick, though it might work better with a rib which has more pairs
rather than fewer.

Karen
In Coventry
Where a rather pleasant day ended with thunder and rain.