On Jun 29, 2005, at 10:39, Jenny Brandis wrote:

G'day there Cobbers, bucks and sheilas alike

Didya mean me and me mates can sling pigeon over your way and not worry
about the fall out?

Jenny Brandis
Kununurra, Western Australia

PS

Translation:
Hello Everyone, Please confirm that I may write in my native language,
without fear of being flamed?

Weeeell... If you *do* know English, it would be appreciated if you posted in a version of it which is easily found in dictionaries :) That's because those same people who may have to post in their native language without any "fall out", may also be struggling to read the answers in English and using the dictionary to help them with it.

I used to read the German lace list for a while. Even my passive knowledge of that language is wobbly, and active nonexistent, so it was a slow process, but I managed. If, however, someone wrote to the list in German slang, I'd have been lost entirely...

--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/