Oh boy, I have one of these too.  I learned that I do not like needlepoint.  I
am considering giving it away.........I will give it serious consideration!
BarbE...
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To: lace@arachne.com
  Sent: Sunday, July 10, 2005 3:07 AM
  Subject: Re: [lace] Lacemaker by Vermeer

  I have a half worked version of this as a wool on a printed canvas tent
  stitch embroidery.  I bought it from a lace supplier (Hornsby is ringing
memory
  bells) many years ago.  It is not a great success as the scale of the
stitches
  does not suit the detail in the picture, especially around the hands,
bobbins
  and threads, and the directional line of the tent stitch means that more
detail
  is lost or distorted.  But I did learn that I hate working on pre-printed
  canvas.

  Maybe I'll finish it one day, and use it on the side of a pillow bag or
  similar.
  Jacquie