In a message dated 7/11/2005 1:43:29 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
My first reaction was to agree with her comment about London being a big
place because I remember just enough from my study of statistics at
University to figure out how unlucky one would be in a city of
7 (????) million people to be in one of those locations at that vital point
in time.  Statistically the odds against it are very large.
This is true. I read a book once -- the name and title escape me now -- by a
police expert on avoiding dangerous situations. Among his bits of advice, he
made the point very effectively that people tend to over-react to situations
like these, and it doesn't help to panic or overestimate risk: quite the
contrary!

And I agree with those who advocate tolerance and understanding toward our
gentle e-community here....

Ricki Torrey
Salt Lake City, Utah