Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 20:57:30 -0400
From: Tess Parrish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [lace] chinese lacemaker (?)

There is an early line drawing or perhaps woodcut of a
Chinese
lacemaker (or maybe she's doing a form of macrame)
which I have seen in
several books. She is perched on a bench with one foot
drawn up,
sitting in front of a loom-like structure with her
threads attached to
weights of some sort. I was hoping to copy it for the
Professor, but
for the life of me I can't find it now.  Does anyone
know what I am
talking about?

    I know I have seen it here in something that was
on my table, but I
had to move everything aside in order to set up
rollaway beds, and it
will take hours of cleaning out to put everything to
rights. So if
anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Tess ([EMAIL PROTECTED]