HI everyone, and for Ricki who asked -

If any of us want to sell our handmade laces, it's the usual
buy-sell-and-trade rule: 'what the market will bear' - as Devon said,
antique laces are affordable; their modern made counterparts, supposing
there are any - are not, unless you've been made the recipient by a
fellow lacemaker (for instance)

.. I bought a small, handsomely made Binche mat, which I could quite
likely duplicate given time and some learning - paid $4.50 for it from a
vendor whose reputation is excellent. For me to even make this lace, it
would be priceless, but suppose I did, I would want to charge a minimum of
$100.00 - and at that price, it's not nearly as interesting as at $4.50.

Most of those I know who sell their laces, do so for charity, small,
affordable pieces such as bookmarks and Christmas ornaments.

However, if you really want handmade lace, I'd consider a trade ;)
--
bye for now
Bev in Sooke, BC (on Vancouver Island, west coast of Canada)