Thanks Liz. Now I'm embarrassed.

For those of you who are shy of entering lace in competitions, I had no
intention of doing so, but I was bullied, threatened and otherwise cajoled
into doing so by another Poole Arachnean, Beryl Millard.

Like all lacemakers, I can see the faults in what I've done, and don't think
it measures up to what others make.

One of the requirements for the UK Lace Guild Intermediate Torchon
Assessment is a square mat. I'm absolutely useless at hiding ends at a join,
so I mounted it as a small cushion with the ends at the join sewn through to
the other side of the fabric and tied them off there. I needed a reason for
a small cushion, so I'd decided on a wedding ring bearer's pillow. I tied
two wedding rings used in cake decorating onto the cushion with blue ribbon
which matched the satin of the pillow.

The entries for the competition had to be "Something beginning with T".
Beryl came up with the title "True Love". I'm hopeless at titles.

No-one was more shocked and surprised than me that I won something. It was obvious from those pieces that won trophies (or more from those that didn't win anything), that the judge liked traditional lace.

Liz didn't add that Beryl also won a trophy, but then she usually does - she
won two last year.

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK