Diane asked
Does this look like a bobbin lace pillow to anyone
else?  It doesn't look like one to me!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Edwardian-Era-Brocade-Covered-Bobbin-Lace- Pillow_W0QQitemZ7336982046QQcategoryZ39448QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Patty replied
I agree it doesn't look like a bobbin lace pillow. But it appears to be the right age and size to have been a base to work netting or macrame. I think netting is more likely.

I agree with you Patty, it's a base for working netting.

I know this item is being offered from USA, but there are numerous items offered from UK with equally incorrect descriptions. Does the Trade Descriptions Act apply to items sold on Ebay? ie "fit for the purpose". You'd be hard pushed to make bobbin lace on that piece of equipment!

Brenda
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/