I think that might mean "lace" such as a narrow woven strip (as in shoe
lace, although in this case it would have to wider than that).

And although your computer states that I sent the first email (not always as
smart as they think they are, computers) it was Devon, and I'm glad to see
that the body of your email is addressed to her ... I was just wondering
about the painting of the lacemaker that appears on their lace web page.

Best,
Carolyn

Carolyn Hastings
Stow, MA USA