that would probably work like you said, but i will try it for one
project and see how bad it does. it isn't the problem with it slipping
out of stitch while the piece is still being worked.  it is the
loosening of the stitches once the wax has faded that i am worried
about.  once the lace is washed a few times and the thread becomes
thinner, it will slip a little.  this would defintely mess up a picot.

--- Tamara P Duvall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Jul 27, 2005, at 12:42, susan wrote:
>
> > i was reading up on handspun sewing thread and it suggests to run
> it
> > through bees wax before they start their sewing.  does any one
> think it
> > would have a bad affect to run the lace thread through the wax?  it
> > might stop the unwinding and unrolling of the thread.
>
> I would think waxing the BL-ing thread would have the opposite
> effect;
> since it makes the thread stiffer and slicker, it would hold the
> hitch
> less securely, no?
>
> You wax the thread for hand sewing to strengthen it, and to make it
> glide better through the fabric. But in BL, the thread is going
> through
> a totally different set of challenges - it doesn't have to go in and
> out of fabric countless times, rubbing against it, and getting fuzzy
> and weak in the proccess. In BL that doesn't happen, unless you do a
> lot of retro-lacing. And I agree with Orla - the less goop the better
>
> :)
>
> --
> Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/
> Lexington, Virginia, USA     (Formerly of Warsaw, Poland)
>
> -
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

from susan in tennessee,u.s.a.