On Aug 7, 2005, at 12:59, Alice Howell wrote:

Cathy had some of Tamara's variations to show us, and a picture of the techniques incorporated into a larger motif from South Africa.

The fish with the "rose" eye and "roll" scales was from Jeanette Fischer (also an Arachnean) and the most inventive way to use the Rosalibre technique I've seen so far. But, naturally, I'm more interested in my own stuff... :) Did y'all come up with a *name* for the 7? 'cause I'm almost ready to redo it as a 6-petalled one, which may not be as pretty (I agree with the Japanese that odd numbers are more pleasing visually), but is more likely to be "biologically correct", as well as allowing for more colour play...

The Arachne luncheon drew many of us together. I didn't count, but would guess we had 50-80 Arachnians present.

Since I didn't get that dizzy feeling while it was happening, I have to assume that not all of you lifted a glass for the absent friends, as requested :)

I too have used my convention time profitably (if unexpensively <g>) and the lace for the next IOLI Bulletin - earrings and pendant in wire, with earrings also made in metallic thread for comparison - is all done. Now to finish scribbling...
--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/