  From: Jane Viking Swanson
  To: arachne
  Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2005 3:55 PM
  Subject: [lace] Oya in "People" magazine

  Hi All,  As I was getting my weekly dose of gossip in "People" magazine
  (August 22 issue) I found "Oya (Turkish lace)" noted on the StyleWatch
  page!!  I was stunned to say the least, they must have called their local
  Lace Consultant!  The piece is on Taka Wear and notes that the dresses,
  tunics and tops are finished off with Oya.  One piece looks like it has a
  crocheted edging but another could be Oya or Bebila as I believe it's also
  called.  So I went to the website www.shopintuition.com and after clicking
  on "Taka Vest" found all the pieces.  Unfortunately on the website, if they
  mention the edging, they say it's crocheted so I don't know what the story
  is.  Oya is not the first word that pops to mind when people think of lace
  so the writer must have heard it somewhere!

  Jane in Vermont, USA where we're having a perfectly lovely day!