My husband and I were in Oxford the other week.  We
went into the Pitt Rivers Museum find one display of lace.
I could not believe the condition of the exhibition,
it was awful, dirty.  Won't say anymore.  So I went
and spoke to one of the staff who gave me a form
to fill out.  Whilst filling out the form other
staff came to speak to me.  I was told that the
lace has been in the glass cabinet for over 30 years.

Also the young girl at reception told me her mother
and grandmother are Lacemakers, she had never noticed
the lace.  So went off to see the lace came back
agreeing with everything I had said about the exhibition.

Today I received a very nice letter, the museum
staff are going to look at the situation who will
then inform me of what is going to happen.

Now I tried to send an email in reply which kept bouncing
so Phoned the museum, it seems they have been so short
of money for many years.  They will shortly open a new
building next to building where the lace is on display.
Whilst I was on the phone I asked how much lace they
have in the reserve collection, around 500 pieces.

Yes you can see the reserve collection, you must first
make an appointment as it takes time to get the lace
out plus they have limited resources.

I will let you know the outcome of my complaint to the
museum.

Jean in Newbury