I guess with 2-D that also eliminates the use of Rosa Libre, not that I have
tried to do that particular lace yet.  When I heard the rules at convention I
thought, well that is me out as I don't generally do yardage and could not see
when I would ever use such a narrow runner on my table.  Having read some of
the previous emails now my brain is racing with ideas for what to make and how
to use it afterwards.  I wonder if that length would be enough to gather up
into a wedding garter should my daughter ever decide to take that step?  Maybe
it would look nice just hanging on the wall like a bell pull.  Or just plonk it
on my head for a lapet!! <g>

With my insomnia last night, everytime I tried to get back to sleep I had
another idea of what to do.  My favourite lace is Milanese but that is a lot of
winding around to make something that size, maybe it is time to go back to the
basics and have a go at some colorful torchon.  It took me three attempts to
finally come up with my Snow Queen design and I can see that I will have to put
lots of thought into this one if I have anything respectable to show for my
sleepless nights.

I'm looking forward to seeing what other lacemakers come up with though.
Janice

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA