Does anyone have any suggestions where a very new lacemaker (me) might
look for a suitable and *EASY* pattern to attempt this? I find this
whole thing fascinating and am, perhaps naively, considering giving it a
shot. But all the pattern books I've got here don't have anything that
wide. I've got some Torchon insertion patterns but they're not wide
enough and I'm not knowledgeable enough to know how to enlarge them
myself. Of would something as simple as I could make not be appropriate
for something like this?

Any help would be appreciated. TIA

--
Ruth