Dear Eva,

This isn't exactly lace, but as you have offered your comments ...

As one American, I thank you for your kind words.  I personally feel very
upset at the apparent lack of planning and urgency in responding to the
growing crisis -- especially on our federal level.  And news about the
offers of international aid, and reluctance of our government to accept, was
burried deep in our Boston newspaper -- so I think most people don't even
know that we could have the use of extra helicopters, for instance, from
Canada.  Many countries have offered resources.  Meanwhile, people have no
water, no waste facilities, no food, and are stranded in 90+ degree heat.

Mr. Trittin's words aren't known to most people -- I hadn't seen a whisper
of it and had to search on line.  I have to say that although his words are
harsh, and his timing is not good,  similar things are being uttered by
Americans here -- just tempered by a lot of sympathy and dismay.  We do need
to confront reality, and it **is** going to be painful.

Regards,
Carolyn

Carolyn Hastings
Stow, MA USA