Hello Bev

Thanks for that info. I doubt if any secret pal packages would be as much as $50 ! but if anyone does send their pal a package worth that much please be discreet!

However, I'd be interested to know the best thing to do if I'm sending Threads books to Canada. Normally when I fill in the customs label I state "Acedemic Books' and and put the (trade) price in GBP. There are also 4 tiny tick boxes; Gift - Documents - Commercial Sample - Other. Usually I tick 'Other' would it be better to tick 'Documents'?

There's also a space for Commercial items; HS tariff number if known and country of origin. I usually put UK for country of origin, but as I don't even know what an HS tarrif number is I leave that blank!

Brenda