I just got a flyer in the mail from the children of Hester Tuckey of
Charlotte, MI.

Apparently, Hester was a lacemaker and needlewoman with a collecting
habit (so much like me!).  Mr Tuckey liked to paint lead soldiers.

Their estate will be at auction Sept 16 and 17th in Charlotte, MI.

The flier I have shows two old bobbin winders, three lacemaker's lamps,
framed lace fans, a Royal Doulton figurine of a lacemaker from 1987
called "Dorothy", there must also be bobbins and thread!  The state that
at the time of printing they had not yet unpacked everything so there's
more.  There are many other items beside lacemakeing, 100 old sewing
machines (especially child sized and miniature), sock darners, spool
holders, chatelaines, etc.

All sewing items will be sold Friday.

Call 517-726-0181 or email [EMAIL PROTECTED] for a full listing.

Their website
http://www.stantons-auctions.com/auction_detail.php?ID=72098 will get
you directly to the listing in pdf form.

If anyone if going to go, please let me know and I'd love to buy some
things.

Lace in Peace,
Laurie

Laurie J Hughes