I haven't been in Peru for many years, but I've never heard of lace there. Weaving, yes. Items made from llama or alpaca wool or fur, yes. Lace, no. As far as I know, the only lace in South America is in northern Brazil and Paraguay. Although, about 10 years ago, I heard that there were some lacemakers in an outer suburb of Santiago, Chile. Ask him to bring you back some weaving. IMHO, the second best weaving in Latin America, after Guatemala.