In a message dated 09/29/2005 10:18:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< > lace the crown of all material, or is tissue or fabric better?

 This *is* a nice expression - I would say 'lace, the crown of all fabric'
 would be a better translation. Thank you so much for sharing, Ilske!

This reminds me of the class we took in Denver with Lenka....she called
"Punto de EspaƱa" the "Queen of Wire Lace".  So perhaps one could even say lace
is
the "queen of all fabric"....or even "queen of all textiles"?  (-:

Vicki in Maryland.....went today with a friend for one last look at the Cone
Lace Collection exhibit at the Baltimore Museum of Art which (sadly) closes on
Sunday and also enjoyed a lovely al fresco lunch at the museum's very nice
cafe......