Some of the older books are now considered so old-fashioned that they wouldn't be reprinted, others are "classics" and do get reprinted. In the Uk the main publisher is Batsford (now under the umbrella oc Chrysalis Books):

http://www.chrysalisbooks.co.uk/category/lace/index.jsp

Secondhand books can often be tracked down through Abebooks:

http://www.abebooks.com - better to deal through the actual sellers than through the site. Local secondhand bookshops, charity shops and well-known secondhand dealers like Todmorton Books are also worth a look.

Ebay can be a good source - books on there seem to go in fashions and if you're patient and wait until no-one else is interested, you can often pick up a book for a few pounds/dollars even with the postage added. I got a copy of Underwood's Bedfordshire lace book for a friend for GBP4.00 when only a couple of weeks previously it had been selling for more than GBP12.00.

A couple of Arachne members have done brief reviews of books on their web sites so you can get an idea of what they're about and what someone else thinks. The lacefairy, and I think (Weronika) plus a couple of other which don't spring to mind at this time of the morning. Anyone help here?

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK