A thought occurred to me about a dorothy type pillow bag.  I know how difficult
it is to hem circular pieces of fabric - well, it is for me!!  How about
looking out for 48" dia circular table cloths during sales and buy two.  I know
I have bought similar cloths after Christmas so I have them for next season for
very reasonable prices ($8).  Sew the two together around the edge, leaving a
space on either side, make another line of stitching a little further in
leaving enough room between the two lines of sewing to insert a strong cord to
use for the handles.  When drawn up the cloth would cover the pillow with no
fear of catching the pins on rough edges and the "handles" might even be long
enough to carry over the bag your shoulder. You could even use two different
patterned table cloths so that you could have a reversible bag.  The other
advantage is that you could put your pillow on your table and drop the sides
down to make a pretty cloth while you work.  Just a thought....
Janice

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org/