http://www.dollsandlace.com/cgi-bin/dalshop.pl?cat=AntiqueLace&view=cat
> you'll see some more "antique" lace on sale, with some very suspect
> descriptions.
> With the exception of this one, the doilies, and the knitting,
> tatting
> and crochet it all looks like fairly modern machine made lace to me.
>
> As one would expect with yardage lace.

can you make picots on a machine?  it is the only one advertised that i
saw as hand made, so the rest are machine made.  it doesn't look at all
like bedfordshire.  i have never seen, although i wouldn't know for
sure, square tallies with the center being not filled in in beds lace.
it might be cluny.

from suzy in tennessee,u.s.a.