To: <lace@arachne.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2005 12:57 PM
Subject: Re: [lace] MP, OT, yarn question and sock knitting machines

le 14/10/05 9:38, [EMAIL PROTECTED] à [EMAIL PROTECTED] a écrit :

The reason I know this is that the other half of my life is involved with
vintage  and antique (yes, over 100 years old) circular sock knitting
machines.
At the moment we are organising the first UK convention for people who have or are interested in these machines, to be held in Bournemouth in November, but there has been an annual convention in the States for several years and also
lots of local 'meets'.

can't believe the things we read on arachne !!!! i'd never heard of Argyle socks before (which might not be very surprising since my University studies
didn't include knitting ... lol ... ) and never imagined so many people
would take an interest in circular sock knitting machines of all things ...
it's true i'm not mechanical minded in the least ..

i love that list !!!!

dominique from Paris, france ( and thanks to the list i know there's Paris
in Tennessee too ....)