I demonstrated a few weekends ago where there were quit a few teenagers.
One particular girl had her pet Iguana with her.  She was completely
smitten with the Springette snake I had on the "have a go" pillow, and sat
for quite a while, working the lace, with her Iguana sitting peacefully on
her shoulder, looking very green and very "other-worldly".  I had to take a
picture, and it's a wonderful study of contrasts.  A few other people put
in a pin or two, but the work was mostly hers.  She wanted to complete the
snake, and I arranged to have her do that.  She sat down, a few days later,
and picked it up as if she had never stopped.  She finished the snake
within an hour, and took it home with her proudly.  She's not half as proud
as I am -of her!!

Clay

Clay Blackwell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> It amazes me how they remember the stitches from one year to the next so
that I can     > leave them to get on with  it while I talk to the adults
who are afraid to have a go.