> So, OK... I measured the pin distance on the pumpkin pricking and
it's
> about 4mm between pins. That's the distance Cathy recommends for
> Moravia linen 40/2 which is shown in Brenda's book as having 22 wraps
> per cm. I don't know what crochet threads you have in your stash, but
> 22 wraps corresponds to various cordonnets 40 in cotton.

Ah, yes, that reminds me of the olden days when we had to calculate our
own thread sizes, before Brenda and Martina came out with their
wonderful books.  I seem to remember that you want 10 wraps of thread
to fit between edge pins on the pricking.  Brenda's 22 wraps per cm
would be 2.2 wraps per mm, or 8.8 wraps in 4 mm between pins.  That's
not so far off from 10/pinhole.

Robin P.
Los Angeles, California, USA
(formerly  Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)