Hi all

On 10/24/05, Clay Blackwell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So it's not that the on-line translators are inacurate.  It's just that when
> they were set up, there was one meaning assigned to each word, and it does
> not always apply to the context of the text you're trying to translate.

Quite - so when using the translator it helps to think in terms of synonyms.
LIkewise to Clay, I asked my German neighbour to help with several of
the patterns in Weihnachtsschmuck - it took both of us ;)
I know the lace terms, but I don't know the connecting and generic
words. In the end, I realized that the brief instructions mostly
reiterate what is in the diagram. As she had taken some trouble to
work on it with me, I made several of the ornaments for her - it was
the least I could do.

--
bye for now
Bev in Sooke BC (on Vancouver Island, west coast of Canada)