The Mouzons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
All the talk about getting youger people interested in lacemaking made
me wonder...how did you find out about lacemaking?

About 13 years ago I was in my local library with my SIL to pick up our sons
from a reading group and there was a glass case with bobbin lace on display and
a notice of a local group starting and beginners welcome for classes. BL is not
native to this part of the UK (North Scotland) but we have 2 big RAF air bases
near us with lots of RAF wives from all over the UK and Moray Lacemakers was
started by 3 of them. All of the founders have moved on - as is the way with
the forces - but they left a great legacy.

jenny barron

Scotland