I have just completed my first serious piece of filet lace. - and enjoyed it!!! However, instructions in one of the 2 books I have on that type of lace tell me to wash and/or bleach the lace, - to matt it up a bit.
That gives me a fit of the horrors!!!

My question is - should this type of lace be washed immediately after finishing or not?
My 2nd book does not mention washing it!

I plan to enter it in a competition. Most shows/competitions do not like laundered work unless laundering is part of the process, and I never wash my lace - unless it gets really soiled from use. With this piece, I have just pressed it under a damp cloth.

Regards from Liz in Melbourne, Oz