I have had no problems with just cutting off a length of lace from my pillow. I remember the first time I did it - I had to shut my eyes and "chomp" with the scissors!!, but now I am not worried about it at all.

As others have said - that is what they did in the old days.

""" 'faffing about' """ Oh I like that expression - sounds nicer than the one I usually use, anyway!!!!!!!!!!! :))

But, yes, we do 'Faf' a bit too much these days, and we tend to look over our shoulders for the Thought Police, etc!!!!!! I just enjoy my lacemaking, and those who don't like my lace must just look the other way!

Thanks for the Filet lace advice, too. I have come to the conclusion that a press under a damp cloth will be sufficient.

Regards from Liz in Melbourne, Oz