Hello,

I see a chance at getting some education here.  The seller says that
there is "raised princess tape" in the figurals.  Can someone explain
this so that I can recognize it?  I don't seem to be able to see it.

I do see raised parts (as the wreath on the head) but it doesn't fit my
idea of what princess tape would look like.  But then, I've never seen
princess tape that I know of.

Best,
CArolyn



-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Alice Howell
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 5:31 PM
To: Ruth Hickman
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [lace] Fwd: lace tablecloth


This table cloth is fabulous!  It is mainly Cantu lace
with some needlelace inserts.  Some of the featured
figures are fabric based, but have 3-D features added.

If I remember correctly, Point de Venise is a term
often applied to almost any needlelace, especially the
ones coming out of Italy, when they don't know a
precise name.

The title on the tablecloth isn't as far off as some
items on eBay.  Wish I had lots of dollars to spend. 
This is really a gem of a cloth.

Alice in Oregon
(new email [EMAIL PROTECTED])

--- Ruth Hickman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am forwarding this as I don't know enough about
> lace to tell her if she is correct or not.  I know
> some of you will be able to help her

> Can you tell me if the lace in this auction of mine
> is correctly identified?
> Thanks
> Carol...aka Raggedyandrea
> Antique point de Venise mixed Lace tablecloth
> Figural       

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to