Hello
The little lace group I am a member of  is open to visitors on our monthly
Lace day, and it especially pleases us to welcome those who are interested
in learning bobbin lace .
We have a "give a try" pillow with bobbins wound with thread handy for those
wishing to try their hand at their first C T C 's
 When new folks are really interested, the conversation invariably turns to
what instruction publications and or book ( s ) we would recommend for self
directed  learning ( no teachers in our area ! )  we advise them  to the
best of our ability
 Leafing through the book catalogues is rather undauting for a
beginner and we as a small lace group are not  always familiar with the wide
array of books  and publications out there.
 I thought it would be interesting to find out  what useful publications /
books members of the list, would suggest or recommend,and why.
Thanks
Hendrika
Simcoe County Lacemakers  Ontario